CONTACT:

mhkilmore@yahoo.com

26/02/2020

Southern Boobook

SOUTHERN BOOBOOK  Ninox novaeseelandiae

The other morning I was working in the garden. All morning I could hear a pair of wattlebirds in the maple trees in the driveway.

They were complaining about someone or something. There had been a snake around recently and I thought that perhaps they had found it.



I had a close look and found this poor owl, trying to sleep in the topmost branches of the trees. It did seem quite unconcerned by the attention of the wattlebirds, eyes tightly shut, then a quick look around, the head tucked back in and off to sleep.



When I went through my pictures of owls, I found the images taken of another tree, a year ago, almost to the day.

Same bird? This one looks quite plump. Last years a a little more slender.

I wonder if it is the same bird?




 

No comments: