CONTACT:

mhkilmore@yahoo.com

09/03/2018

Not Too Sure!!

JUST WHAT IS IT??

I am really guessing with this bird.

At first I thought it might be a common thrush. No, I know those from my own garden and I don't think that is what it is. The feet are the wrong colour.




Metallic starling? It could be but the eyes of this bird are quite brown whilst the starlings are more a reddish colour.






Grey streaked flycatcher? Wrong part of the country, far too south for this occasional visitor from the north.



Siberian thrush? No! the face of this bird is too grey, no speckles.





Bassian Thrush. No again, the head is too grey.



Pippit? Too large.







So what is left?




Olive Backed Orieol.

It could be a juvenile Rufous Whistler. Too small I think.

Perhaps it is a young Grey Shrike Thrush.













I am quite unsure.



If I have to make a choice I will go for the young Grey Shrike Thrush.

No comments: