CONTACT:

mhkilmore@yahoo.com

22/09/2018

A Mixed Lot

BUTCHER-BIRD, RED ROSELLA AND FOXES





It was very quiet walking this morning in the bush around the Monument Hill.











I was trying to get close enough to some choughs for some pictures, when they took off with cries and whistles. They perched in the lower branches of a peppermint gum, looking attentively into a patch of cassinia scrub and all the while whistling to each other.







I waited a few moments and was then surprised to see this young fox sniffing around an uprooted tree stump. He seemed quite inattentive to his surroundings. At this time of the morning he should have been more watchful. I stood for quite a few minutes photographing, until a waft of breeze blew from behind me, letting him know I was there.



 
Red Rosellas always add a patch of colour to the bush

Scarlet Robin

Grey Butcher-Bird

No comments: